Image Map

July 29, 2013

Nail Polish Swap Cluelessness and Other Things

Well, this is embarrassing, but I don't have even the slightest clue how to go about finding a swap partner. I guess my first order of business would be to gather all the polishes I'd be keen on swapping, yeah?

I need more indie polishes in my life.

Oh, I know! I'll make a wishlist.

Just when I think I'm content with the list of polishes I want I start going through old entries at The PolishAholic and am reminded how limited my wants are. And seeing beautiful swatches from, like, 2009 so the polishes are htf now. And trying to find an in to the black market so I can pawn whichever organs I have multiples of so I can buy polish.

I have two ideas:
1. LAZOR NAIL POLISH OF THE FUTURE (the technicalities are still being worked out)
2. Polish that turns into cheeseburgers when you want it to so you can tell your boyfriend "It's okay, we can eat it later!"

No, all right, my boyfriend is pretty great when it comes to my obsessions. My three most recent collecting obsessions have been:
1. Stamps
2. Magic the Gathering cards
3. Nail Polish.

I didn't start a blog about either of the other two things OR grow out parts of my body to display them. So, me and nail polish, we have a special thing going.

Anyway, my boyfriend, he works ALL DAY and at the end of the day when he comes home and once the children are asleep and it's quiet, he'll play Skyward Sword and I'll paint my nails. We've got old people habits already. It's sweet. He makes fun of me for it, for the nail polish, and he always asks me really stupid theoretical questions, the most recent being "what would you do if you came home one day and I had smashed all your bottles of nail polish?" I don't know what I would do! Would it break the spell? Would I be so discouraged I wouldn't ever start collecting again? I would smash his face is what I would do. But I can't know what I'd do, really, because I know he wouldn't do that. Who would do that? But especially he wouldn't.

What a weird picture I've painted of my anonymous self! I collect nail polish and am a huge nerd.

"Little Sticky Pieces of Old Paper of Love"
"Fantasy Playing Cards that I Have No Technique to Playing Them of Love"

I'm for realsies making a polish, um, thing. Like, swatch book except it's not a book (the swatch book I was making failed so hard I don't even want to talk about it). I really will take pictures this time.

TL;DR
Where can I find polish swapping partners? Thx 4evs

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW! It's like all of my polish fantasies are finally coming true!!

      Delete
  2. YEAYUHH! I have to look over your wishlist...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What -I- need to do is start getting frigging indies so I can start, like, swapping indies. Hahaha.

      Delete